How Do I:
- Obtain copies of reports such as police or crash reports, or request records through the Open Public Records Act (OPRA)
- Report a crime or quality of life issue.
- Apply for a Firearms ID Card or permit
- Apply for a handicapped parking permit
- Schedule a tour of the police department, request a child safety seat inspection from a NHTSA certified inspector, request that my child or youth organization participate in a fingerprinting event, contact the police department regarding a community outreach initiative
- Register my alarm for my home or business
Contact Records by phone during regular hours, or by fax, mail or email at any time. For your convenience you may click on this link for access to the township OPRA form.
Call 911 to report any emergency, or contact dispatch at 973-823-7022. Our 911 Public Service Answering Point and dispatch center is staffed by certified dispatchers 24 hours a day, every day. Non-emergency matters may be reported by regular mail, email, fax or by calling dispatch.
Application packets with instructions are available through records during regular duty hours and may be picked up without an appointment. Application forms are available online at http://njsp.org/info/pdf/firearms/sts-033.pdf and may be completed prior to arriving at headquarters.
Specific questions regarding firearms regulation in New Jersey may be researched through the New Jersey State Police website. http://njsp.org/about/firearms.html
Temporary placard applications are available during regular hours through records. Applicants must submit a check or money order payable to “NJ Motor Vehicle Commission” in the amount of $4.00 and have the application certified by a medical doctor, podiatrist of chiropractor. People with special needs may be accommodated by contacting records to make arrangements.
Applications for license plates and/or placards for persons with disabilities are available online through the NJ Motor Vehicle Commission at www.nj.gov/mvc or at any MVC agency. These applications are submitted directly by the applicant through the MVC. www.state.nj.us/mvc/pdf/Vehicles/HDC_Placard_Instructions.pdf
Schedule a tour of the police department, request a child safety seat inspection from a NHTSA certified inspector, request that my child or youth organization participate in a fingerprinting event, contact the police department regarding a community outreach initiative
Submit your request by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact dispatch by phone.
Stop by records during regular hours or download the application and instructions here and submit the required form and payment through records.