Hardyston Township, located within Sussex County, offers many recreational opportunities in a setting of spectacular mountains and lakes. Within this exceptional setting, golf, skiing, hiking, bird-watching, horseback riding, ice-skating, and much more are available.
The Township hosts activities at the following locations:
- Thirty-acre Park Complex – Ten different sports fields, playground, pavilion/concession area, and walking trail
- Littell Community Center – A full-size gymnasium, meeting rooms, game room and kitchen facility
Many recreational organizations and businesses have decided to make Hardyston their home:
- The Crystal Springs Resort, a world-class destination featuring luxury accommodations, including The Grand Cascades Lodge, Crystal Springs Clubhouse, 12 resort restaurants, award-winning spas, a 54,000bottle wine cellar, sports clubs, seven championship golf courses, 50,000-square-feet of event space, a biosphere that hosts an indoor pool complex consisting of vortex pools, caves, a water slide, a sunken aquarium, two heated pools, outdoor pools, a chef ’s garden and more.
- The David Glenz Golf Academy, a nationally rated golf instruction facility.
- The Sussex County YMCA, with an indoor swimming pool program, fitness center, dance studio,multipurpose meeting rooms, childcare facility, and activities for all age groups.
- Skyland’s Iceworld, providing year-round ice hockey, figure skating, and recreational skating opportunities on two ice rinks.
- The Wallkill Wildlife Refuge and other state parks for hiking, biking, exploring, fishing, camping and other outstanding outdoor activities.
- Skiing, snowboarding, and a summer water park within five minutes of Hardyston’s border at Mountain Creek.
- A full range of dining preferences and experiences from family-style restaurants to four-star rated dining.
- Shopping opportunities ranging from specialized boutiques to factory outlets.
Sussex County also is host to the Sussex County Farm & Horse Show/New Jersey State Fair, a professional baseball stadium, Skylands Park, more than 20 golf courses, six state parks, two national parks and a wide variety of restaurants and dining choices. With New York City and other metropolitan venues within driving distance, theatrical, professional sports and cultural recreational opportunities are endless.